Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Peanut Butter Cookie Pops

Pin It
A little while back my daughter & I were looking for a quick baked good idea.  It needed to be simple for her & a bit creative for myself.  I remembered some 'on a stick' ideas I had seen a while back here at Christy's Blogspot.  Her's were done with cinnamon buns.  Since I had none of those, I decided peanut butter cookies should work just fine.  So we slaved  played in the kitchen adding ingredients for the finest quickest cookies we could make...from a box... (hey don't judge!)

 We shaped a few into large lollipop shaped round balls and set them on a cookie sheet.

Next we ever so gently stuck a lollipop stick into the ball and...

SMACK!
squashed them flat



While they were baking.  We gathered up some peanut butter, powdered sugar, vanilla, and some chocolate sauce and stirred it up. 

No exact measurements here...
just plopped gently and caringly mixed this to the consistency of thick syrup.  No too watery but just so it flows from the spoon.  Be careful when lifting the  cookies from the pan that the stick stays put and the cookie does not break.  We lost a few at this stage.  But that's the fun of baking with kids...they get to eat the mistakes.

We spooned the topping into a zip lock bag and snipped a corner off to make a piping bag.  You could use a real piping bag or just let it run from the spoon.

Then we just zig zagged the icing across all of the cookies lined across the counter top.  Fun!

I had a flower pot painted black from a previous project.  I added some cheetah print ribbon to the rim to create a little bow, halved a round foam ball and jammed it into the pot.  Next we covered the foam with some glittery shiney gift basket fill (I luv luv luv anything glittery & shiney).  Finally we arranged the peanut butter cookie pops into the pot as shown below.




Not too bad for a quick unplanned afternoon of baking!

These would look adorable made as fun shapes for kids, holidays, baby showers etc.  I think they would also be a cute little gift for a teacher or a friend as a cute thank you or get well.

I would luv luv luv to see what creations you could come up with using this idea.  Don't forget to let me know if you do, I'll share your photos here on the blog

Thanks for reading!  Have a blessed and fun day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...