Sunday, October 23, 2011

Monster Mash

Pin It
Friday night was the big Monster Mash at our local Elementary school where Austin attends.  He was so excited to go and dance and have fun with his friends.  Mommy and the 2 kids went while poor poor Daddy worked at my Mom & Dad's house on the bathroom.  Updates coming in that later!

Austin (much to my dismay) wanted a store bought costume this year for Halloween.  He chose this clown suit... not your typical happy go lucky clown, but a bit of a demented clown, complete with a rubber type mask.  Not much for me to do this Halloween but sit back and watch the tricking and treating. As disappointed as I may have been, I realize that it may be for the best as I have tons on my plate right now.  The children are unable to wear masks to the school for safety purposes I suppose, so I was able to get my hands dirty a bit and paint his face.

(a bit dark, I apologize)

A close up of my version of a demented clown.  Big funky teeth and all!  I am NOT a big clown fan just so you are aware.  When my sister and I were younger,  we were given these clown dolls, complete with porcelain faces hands and feet.  I know I know... it was just a doll but these freaky little things also laughed.  I can't remember if you pushed a button or what but Oh NO NO NO, we did not like those darn clowns and had my Mom put them away... far far far back in the closet.


Every now and again those freaky little dolls would laugh hysterically from the back of the closet as we tried to go to sleep at night.  I don't know what ever happened to them but the damage was done!  Clowns are not good in my book.  The hair stands straight up on my body when I think of those evil little dolls!

For the love of my son, I had to suck it up and deal!

I think if he had wanted a traditional clown suit I may had said "Heck NO!"


Frontal view.  We sprayed his hair silver.


Now, although the face painting is not quite movie set quality, he was quite happy with how he looked.  He received quite a few complements at the bash.  We all danced a bit, ate a bit too much sugar, played some games and had a nice evening. 
That's what it's all about!

1 comment:

Nicole [The Lovely Poppy] said...

love it, wish i had that talent! i'm stopping over from tip junkie and would love to have you stop by my blog and check out our huge giveaway going on- http://thelovelypoppy.blogspot.com/2011/10/blog-follower-giveaway.html xoxo nicole

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...