Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Gift Exchange Photos!

Pin It
A little while back I joined the Handmade Gift Exchange over at Craftaholics Anonymous!  Entrants were paired up and had time to get to know their partner before crafting a gift for that person!  My new friend Kathi has a blog called Bitsy Pieces.  Her little button is over there on my right side bar!  Getting to know Kathi was such a pleasure.  She is such a fun & vibrant person!  Take a moment and stop by her blog if you can. 
I joined the Gift Exchange

Anyway, while getting to know Kathi, I found out she loves loves loves the colors pink and black (me too!)  She also likes glittery things (much like someone else I know... me).  I agonized over what to do for like ever!  Kathi has such an energy about her... someone who to me is a bit of a free spirit (good thing) and vibrant.  So after much thought I decided to make her a bird silhouette


I first drew the template for the silhouette I had in my head.  Cut it from some pine wood, then primed & Painted it hot pink (what else?) and free hand painted lots of swirls and swooshes (only way I can describe it as of this moment!)


Then, I outlined each swirl and swoosh with a teeny weeny line of glue and added black glitter.  I love it, (the photo is a bit blurry).  I added some fuzzy black trim as a necklace/collar.  Lord, I do hope she likes it!

Kathy in return sent me this:


Imagine that!  A glittered and glammed up cheetah clock!  I am in love!
I am touched that Kathi took the time to check out the blog and to really get to know me!


Kathi also took the time to hand make me a card, a little snowman ornament and a pink angel pin from hot pink ribbon!

Thanks Kathi and Thanks Craftoholics Anonymous!



.

3 comments:

Estelle Grace Tudor said...

Wow, lovely exchange gifts! I really love the bird you made and the Cheetah clock is fabulous! x

Tara @ Tales of a Trophy Wife said...

What a fun idea.

Andie Jaye said...

this is perfect! you're so intuitive about what people would like! and that clock is so you! thanks for linking up honey!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...