Monday, February 27, 2012

Linen Look Drapes

Pin It
Issues abound here as to where I want to set up shop so to speak.  After clearing out the craft crap a few months ago to take back my dining room... said crap has found it's way back!  Seriously,  I really tried to keep it all confined to the bedroom closet (alright, well most of it anyway) but that solution just is NOT working well for me!

The dining table just became a catch all for all the other crap that makes it's way thru our door and was not used for eating purposes even once!  SO, I've decided to set up shop again in the dining room... but with some order this time.  The dining room slash creative studio is a work in progress at this time!

I'd grown tired of the window dressings I'd had there recently and have not had much luck in finding a pre-made option that tickled my fancy so I opted to grab a simple flat sheet from Walmart (about 5 buckaroos) and made my own simple linen look drapes



Once I had found my bag of cafe curtain clippy things from a box deep in that dreaded crap craft closet, I began to split the drape flat sheet straight up the middle, lengthwise.


Bo Bo my assistant was on hand (or paw, ha ha) to inspect the cutting process.

I ran a simple straight stitch with my machine up the cut edges, but for a true NO sew project, feel free to use some iron on hem tape or even some glue (shhh, our secret) to close that edge!

The next step has reminded me how incredibly WeAK I am! I folded over the the top of each panel of the drape to bring the length just barely skimming the floor, each required only 5 of the cafe clips attached to the top because I used a twin flat sheet.  The width works for me as I only wanted to flank the sides of the window. 

Man, those clips were a real b*&#@ to squeeze open!


Here they are hung on the decorative rod and up on the window.
An inexpensive bamboo shade provides just enough privacy while allowing the light to flood the room when I am working.  This room only has one window, so the sunlight is a much appreciated sight!

And, pretty please with a cherry on top... look past the UglY wall color... I am hoping to change that very very soon!  And don't judge the crafty crappy supply mess as it is also still in progress!


Think outside the box and jazz up some simple flat sheets the next time you are in need of a
Linen Look Drape
without the
Linen Cost!

I'll be back soon with some Dollar Store Fun!
(Yeah me! A Dollar Tree has opened only 2 blocks from my house!)

Follow Tiaras and Bowties so you don't miss the fun!

PlaCes I PaRTy! Do you have a link party on your blog and want some more company, drop me a line and I'll be over! Mondays: Make the Scene Monday @ Alderberry Hill Make it Monday @ Brassy Apple Craftomaniac Monday @ CraftOManiac The More the Merrier Monday @ DIY Home Sweet Home Weekend Warrior Monday @ Ask Anna Polly Want to Party Monday @ Polly Want a Crafter Tuesdays: Tip Toe Thru Tuesday @ Crayon Freckles A Diamond in the Stuff Tuesday To Do Party @ The Blackberry Vine Tell Me Tuesday @ Me and My Boys Tip Me Tuesday @ Tip Junkie Tuesday Time Out @ Reasons to Skip the Housework Show and Share @ Lil Pink Pocket Will Craft For... @ Trophy Wife Wednesdays: Your Whims Wednesday @ My Girlish Whims Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts Linkin' With Lil' Luna @ Lil' Luna Mrs. Fox's Sweet Party @ Mrs. Fox's Sweets Frog Blog Love @ Kissed by a Frog Create and Share @ The Trendy Treehouse Thursdays: Link it up Thursday @ These Peas Taste Funny Crafty Scrappy Happy Thursday @ Crafty Scrappy Happy Crazy Cute Thursday @ Between U & Me Thinga Majig Thursday @ Radcrafter Fridays: Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring Freestyle Fridays @ Happy Hour Projects Simply Creations Friday @ My Simple Home Life Feature Yourself Fridays @ Fingerprints on the Fridge Party Mindy Style @ Bacon Time with the Hungy Hypo Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home Saturdays: Saturday Spendour @ Meg and Mum's Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors Cherished Treasures @ Cherished Treasures Whatcha Got Weekend @ Lolly Jane Shindig Saturday @ Kim's Kandy Kreations Weekend Showoff Party @ Ladybird Lane Sundays: Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative Sundae Scoop @ I Heart Naptime Sunday Showcase Party @ Under the Table and Dreaming Not Baaad Sundays @ Lamb Around Monthly challenges or Other Link Ups!: Valentine's Day Decorating Challenge @ Foods Sri Lanka

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...