Thursday, February 2, 2012

More Props from Boxes

Pin It
Preparations continue for the elementary school Variety Show this weekend, "Flash Back to the 80's".  I appreciate each and every idea you've shared with me!  The other day, I shared with you our flashback cell phone in traditional 80's HUGEness [here] and some posters painted on foam board featuring Ghost busters and a Neon Roller skate [here].

I wanted to show you what I did with the other postal box I picked up earlier in the week.  Of course it's meant for fun, not realism.  So go put your legwarmers on, tease up your hair a bit and dance!


Postal box before a coat of gray paint and some fun cartoonish details.


Postal box after.   Now, I think the addition of an antennae or a handle of some sort is needed, but I just love the way this turned out!  The kids love it too so I think there may be a fight after the show as to who's bedroom it ends up in!

Something I've learned this week. Foam board - 1. cool invention  2. Only a buck at the Dollar Tree Store.  3. Takes paint HoRRiBly!

If you ever find yourself in the position to need to make stage props or signs... just know that foam board curls up as it dries after being painted.  I'm a bit sad to see the boards looking all wonky after all of the hard work I've put into them.


Linking up here:
Mondays
Tuesdays Photobucket>Tip Junkie handmade projectsTodays Creative Blog Wednesdays lil luna link party button Thursdays PhotobucketPhotobucket Fridays Photobucket Saturday & Sunday Link PartyFunky Junk's Sat Nite SpecialCherished Treasures”=UndertheTableandDreamingBWS tips button

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear about the foam board, but your jam box looks great! Awesome job!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...