Saturday, February 18, 2012

Vertical Type Sports Sign

Pin It
So much to do so little time.  Oh how I wish there were more hours in a day!  Yesterday my back wrenched up again so I spent the day in a whole lotta pain!  But, I had things to do, and cannot stand to be stuck in a chair or bed all day.  So in 15 minute incraments I worked on a vertical sign idea I've had in my head for a bit.   For me, girly ideas are quite easy to come by so when I get some inspiration to share with the boys in my life...I go with it before I lose it!



Basketball season here is winding down soon.  I wanted to come up with something for Austin to give to his coach.  I color blocked a vertical strip of thin wood with 'boy' colors.  Then I proceeded to antique, distress, and crackle the crapola out of it.  I sketched out some lettering from a few different fonts to spell the word 'coach'.  The O being the focus of the piece because it is made with a painted basketball - offset and going out of it's frame.


loVE it!

I'll be back shortly with a tutorial for you, for those of you who may want to give it a try for yourself.  For the rest of you, just letting you know that some vertical signs will be listed in my etsy shop soon!


love to link!
PlaCes I PaRTy! Do you have a link party on your blog and want some more company, drop me a line and I'll be over! Mondays: Make the Scene Monday @ Alderberry Hill Make it Monday @ Brassy Apple Craftomaniac Monday @ CraftOManiac The More the Merrier Monday @ DIY Home Sweet Home Weekend Warrior Monday @ Ask Anna Polly Want to Party Monday @ Polly Want a Crafter Tuesdays: Tip Toe Thru Tuesday @ Crayon Freckles A Diamond in the Stuff Tuesday To Do Party @ The Blackberry Vine Tell Me Tuesday @ Me and My Boys Tip Me Tuesday @ Tip Junkie Tuesday Time Out @ Reasons to Skip the Housework Show and Share @ Lil Pink Pocket Will Craft For... @ Trophy Wife Wednesdays: Your Whims Wednesday @ My Girlish Whims Whatever Goes Wednesday @ Someday Crafts Linkin' With Lil' Luna @ Lil' Luna Mrs. Fox's Sweet Party @ Mrs. Fox's Sweets Frog Blog Love @ Kissed by a Frog Create and Share @ The Trendy Treehouse Thursdays: Link it up Thursday @ These Peas Taste Funny Crafty Scrappy Happy Thursday @ Crafty Scrappy Happy Crazy Cute Thursday @ Between U & Me Thinga Majig Thursday @ Radcrafter Fridays: Flaunt it Friday @ Chic on a Shoestring Freestyle Fridays @ Happy Hour Projects Simply Creations Friday @ My Simple Home Life Feature Yourself Fridays @ Fingerprints on the Fridge Party Mindy Style @ Bacon Time with the Hungy Hypo Show and Tell Friday @ My Romantic Home Saturdays: Saturday Spendour @ Meg and Mum's Saturday Nite Special @ Funky Junk Interiors Cherished Treasures @ Cherished Treasures Whatcha Got Weekend @ Lolly Jane Shindig Saturday @ Kim's Kandy Kreations Weekend Showoff Party @ Ladybird Lane Sundays: Just Something I Whipped Up @ The Girl Creative Sundae Scoop @ I Heart Naptime Sunday Showcase Party @ Under the Table and Dreaming Not Baaad Sundays @ Lamb Around Monthly challenges or Other Link Ups!: Valentine's Day Decorating Challenge @ Foods Sri Lanka

2 comments:

Linda @ it all started with paint said...

What a clever idea! Just love it ... and so will coach!

:)

Linda

Andie Jaye said...

that's so cool! i bet he'll love it!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...