Monday, April 30, 2012

It's not easy being {Key Lime} Green!

Pin It
Oh baby, It is NOT easy being green, especially lime green.



I love color... I can spend an hour in Home Depot or Lowes just staring at all the paint samples... buying up every cheap can of Ooops paint I can get my hands on.  All of my children's art are bright, cheery and colorful.  I love to experiment with color in my art.  It's taken a while, but the bright apple-ish lime-ish home accents I've seen explode around blogland this year have won me over...
                
                 or so I thought!

It all started with an old window and an idea... oh yes and a can of Key Lime Green spray paint!

believe you me... it's brighter than it looks.

After seeing that beautiful pop of lime green coat the window... I began my mission - spray in hand, to brighten up my front porch a bit.  You know those little pops of color that pull you in to a space?
I grabbed a Dollar Store resin statue I had picked up a few months back {with the intention of sprucing it up a bit} and started spraying!  I had a before shot, but of course, can't find it now! 


The front porch is getting a bit shabby {see the chippy banister railing there just screaming for some new paint?} but for now, I'm trying to just go with that Shabby feel and add some fun- welcoming- summery touches to brighten up the space {and distract the eye from the drabs}.


Oh, I just loved how these cute little birds just screamed "Hello".  I was proud of myself for taking a leap out of my usual boring soft color pallate and adding a pop of modern decor {if I can get away with calling a dollar store chachtke painted lime green modern decor}.  I just couldn't stop there!

Did I mention the Hubster wasn't home yet?

'cause you all know that's when the BeSTesT most creative ideas strike, right?

So with can in hand... I pulled the sad little mailbox off our wall.

{yes... it's been like this for over a year now... I had great plans for this mailbox...}

It's on our outter wall, right next to the front door... we RENT, the box was pretty crappy, I hated it, in rental world if it ain't broke... it doesn't get fixed... so your crafty renter... paints it!  Seeing as how last years makeover was never completed, I decided to give it a 'pop' of color too and hung it back on the wall!


Now, I know what you are all thinking I've went completely utterly bonkers, and truth be told... I hated my new color choice for that little mailbox.  The photos really do no justice to the vibrancy of this color!  Seriously, Glow in the DARK green.  I really don't want to be known as the crazy, craft hoarder, lime green lovin' lady who lives at the end of the street...BUT dinner needed to be cooked, so I decided I'd wait and fix it another day.

Hubster came home right as I was cleaning up my mess... looked at me and said,
"You're gonna paint that right?"
Me: "I Just did!  Don't ya love it!"
...dead silence on hubby's part as he quietly shook his head back and forth and entered the house.

I realized that perhaps lime green is not for me.  It's been 2 weeks and the color is still not growing on me but that's the great thing about paint!  If you mess up, just start over... it's only color, so pick a new one!  Hubby still thinks I love that little green mailbox as of today and I'll let him keep thinking I love that kermit colored box that "pops" with color from at least 150 feet away!  Well, for a little while anyway, til I get another can of spray paint!

Wondering what I did with the window?
You'll have to stop back next time to see that!

Don't forget to get back over here tomorrow and link up your projects from the week at Tip Toe Thru Tuesday... You will not want to miss it!  Remember these words...' Huge Giveaway!"


If ya like it, leave me a comment,  Follow along on FB my friend, Plus me on Google, Put a pin in it on Pintrest...

3 comments:

Lish @ Imprintalish said...

LOVE the green!!! So springy!

Andie Jaye said...

bwahahaha! you crack me up! i get spray paint happy too... i'll paint anything that isn't moving! it is a tad bright, though, isn't it? maybe it'll grow on the both of you :)

Megan/Brassy Apple said...

my favorite color! love it! and I can't wait to see what you do with the window!

thanks for linking up to Make it Monday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...